Terrace Community Links
Terrace is at the crossroads of Highway 16 (Prince Rupert to Edmonton) and Highway 37 (Kitimat to the Yukon Border). Terrace is a 7 hour drive from Prince George and a 15 hour drive to Vancouver. There is daily overnight truck delivery service between Terrace and Vancouver.
The Northwest Regional Airport serviced by WestJet, Air Canada, CMA plus helicopter companies. There are many flights a day making the 1-1/2 hour flight to Vancouver.
Terrace is on the Canadian National Railway line connecting the Prince Rupert container and bulk ports to eastern Canada and the transportation hub in Chicago. From Terrace a second CN line connects to the industrial port in Kitimat
- Port of Kitimat offers deepwater access to bulk carriers.
- Port of Prince Rupert, deep water, ice free container port connecting Canada with Asian countries by the shortest route, 3 days less shipping time than other North American ports/.
- Port of Stewart, Private port to serve northern mines. Under expansion.
- Northwest Regional Airport Terrace-Kitimat
- Canadian National Railway
- Northwest Transportation and Trade Corridor
- Terrace Regional Transit System
General Practitioner Information - http://www.bcdoctordirectory.ca/terrace
Mills Memorial Hospital
4720 Haugland Avenue, Terrace BC V8G 2W7
Terrace Health Unit
3412 Kalum Street, Terrace, BC V8G 4T2
Arts and Culture
- Terrace Art Gallery
- Terrace Public Library
- Terrace Little Theatre
- REM Lee Theatre
- Heritage Park Museum
The proximity to the ocean and its location within the shelter of the Coast Mountains has created a natural "greenhouse" effect. Temperatures are moderate rainfall is less than half of that found on the coast.
Terrace summers can be hot but the temperature usually varies between warm and cool. Falls are wet, rainy and colourful. Winters are snowy…..this is when we accumulate powder for Shames Mountain.